Thursday, November 22, 2012

February 2012 - Say Hello and Wave Goodbyes


My visit to the homeland was pretty good, I had spent a good time with my brother, by taking a little journey to the south of Holland to meet up with one of our best friends…and we had a great evening with him and his wife.

I did get the impression that I probably was in a worse shape then the last time they saw me, which was kind of sad, as I sort of still felt on a high because of the whole upcoming lens fitting..

I Spent the rest of the time in Holland with my Parents and some other family that dropped by.. all in all a good time…

Until I came home again… my girlfriend was acting slightly weird… and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong,.

Oh well, that sometimes happens, until it was still the case the next day…. so when finally asked what was wrong, it came out…

"We need to talk.. .we should face up to the facts and stop kidding ourselves, this isn’t working, we need to accept its over…"  Wow, I thought…… you are right…

In all honesty, after almost 4yrs we had grown more into siblings than a couple… and in hindsight, if it hadn’t been for my eyes, it would’ve been over months ago, but there must’ve been something along the lines of , “well, we cant break up now can we?” not whilst this is going on”

All I can think of is that without her over that period I would not have coped, and if I would’ve had to go through the whole thing on my own, well I’m not sure I want to think about that.. It would’ve been pretty dark for sure…So I can only be eternally grateful, for standing by my side during all of this, which Im pretty sure she knows…

We still had 2 months lease left on our apartment so we decided to still live together until then and after that go our own way from there.. .

Weird? Maybe, but hey.. .going on like all is fine, whilst it isn’t,  is probably worse…

No comments: