Friday, December 21, 2012

April 2012 - First time for everything?


Apart from the whole re-adjusting to work life there was also the part of re-adjusting to “general life”

As mentioned I started a bit of exercise by joining a rowing club.
But there was also the going into shops again, going to pubs n restaurant and clubs again… well, that went with its ups and downs as-well.

The going to shops itself was fine, I saw properly again, so no need for panic attacks, but I did notice I sort of had to get used to bigger crowds… oh well…  

I ended up spending the Easter Weekend at my mates "Stag Do" In Scotland, and started to notice some adjustment issues…

·        Restaurant menus are pain, mainly due to poor lightning in the restaurant itself I guess..
·        Alcohol dehydrates, and that has an effect on my eyes and cause irritation on dry eyes, and hard lenses, so if I want to drink I need to use loads of eye drops to counter act the irritation, or just drink so much I don’t notice the irritation (-:
·        Walking from a fully lit area into a darkened area, like a cinema screen is very dis-orientation, as previously my eyes would easily adjust to the darkness, but now it takes so long, I need to stand still to avoid me stepping somewhere that could make me trip.
·        Visiting a Night Club is pretty interesting as-well… Dark… loads of moving lights, and steps left right and centre…. Might need to wait a while before I go and revisit any clubs… 
·        Too much time in a Sainsbury or Asda and the overhead lightning just gives me eyestrain and head ache…


All in all, not major issue, but interesting to know, and it got me in a frame of mind, that in theory I’m going through a lot of “First Time” Experiences again, things that I had taken for granted, might now need a different approach or if anything a more careful approach.

Not a bad thing…

No comments: